About Me!

My photo
Welcome! I am Jane-Ellen (JE) I'm a travel agent and I am happy to share with you my love of travel. I am not a journalist, I simply enjoy traveling. My favorite travel destinations are Walt Disney World, Cruises and anywhere on our Harley. My husband, Steve and I are out on our Harley when time, work and weather permit. We try to take weekend trips whenever possible.
Walt Disney World has been a favorite spot to vacation since our first trip in 1983. We have had over 30 weeklong vacations and now living in Florida we visit monthly, although recently I find myself there weekly. Hey I am doing research!
Cruising is another passion. We have been on many cruises, predominately in the Caribbean. A seven day cruise is the best way to really unwind and relax; but if a three or four day cruise crosses our path, we set sail. I am an Accredited Cruise Councilor, and a Certified Travel Councilor. I have the highest level of education from all major cruise lines.
Many clients have asked for insider tips for Disney World and cruising. That is my goal to offer insider information on Disney, Cruises and biking.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Epcot's American Adventure Pavilion

While walking around the World Showcase recently I realized that so many times we skip over the American Pavilion. We were hot so we decided to visit the indoor show. We realized how under-rated this pavilion is, I decided to discuss it here to give you an idea of what you are missing.

I have a new slogan for Disney to use to promote the American Pavilion. "American Adventure Pavilion, at the very least stop by for the air conditioning."

This area has a lot to offer, celebrating American history and tradition.

The Liberty Inn is a great place to stop for lunch. They serve American Fare (no surprise there!)hamburgers, hot dogs and salads. While sitting in the open air seating you may hear the Fife and Drum Corp as they parade around the pavilion.

Stepping into the rotunda you will find quotes and paintings by famous Americans. Make sure to arrive a few minutes early for the show, you will enjoy spending time in the pavilion. There is much to see and do.

The Voices of Liberty is a group of singers dressed in colonial costumes that sing patriotic and folk songs in harmonized a capella. The acoustics are wonderful in the center of the rotunda! This is a do not miss performance.

Once the Voices of Liberty has completed their 10 minute show, you will enter the theatrical show. This inspiring show includes speeches by famous Americans such as Mark Twain and our founding fathers. The changing scenery and animatronic characters will amaze even the youngest visitors.
The open air American Gardens Theatre is home to many events during the year including The Candle Light Processional and concerts for the Flower and Garden Festival.

There is a gift shop (this is Disney after all) with American gifts. Here you will find copies of the Declaration of Independence, CDs and Disney toys.

The American Adventure is a great place to stop and cool off or catch your breath. Slow down your pace and enjoy!


Feel free to leave comments!

Start Planning Your Vacation Today!
Email: JEGTravels@gmail.com
Phone: 352.556.4437

No comments:

Post a Comment