About Me!

My photo
Welcome! I am Jane-Ellen (JE) I'm a travel agent and I am happy to share with you my love of travel. I am not a journalist, I simply enjoy traveling. My favorite travel destinations are Walt Disney World, Cruises and anywhere on our Harley. My husband, Steve and I are out on our Harley when time, work and weather permit. We try to take weekend trips whenever possible.
Walt Disney World has been a favorite spot to vacation since our first trip in 1983. We have had over 30 weeklong vacations and now living in Florida we visit monthly, although recently I find myself there weekly. Hey I am doing research!
Cruising is another passion. We have been on many cruises, predominately in the Caribbean. A seven day cruise is the best way to really unwind and relax; but if a three or four day cruise crosses our path, we set sail. I am an Accredited Cruise Councilor, and a Certified Travel Councilor. I have the highest level of education from all major cruise lines.
Many clients have asked for insider tips for Disney World and cruising. That is my goal to offer insider information on Disney, Cruises and biking.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Visiting the Jersey Shore

Jersey Shore Vacation

I returned to my roots, the Jersey Shore. No not the one with Snooki and The Situation. The peaceful, serene sand covered shoreline in Monmouth County. The weather has been unseasonably hot so I have been frequenting Asbury Park’s Fifth Avenue beach. The beach has been crowded on the weekends and almost empty on weekdays. The cost for a daily beach badge is $6 weekends and free on weekdays (for now) in late June they will also require a beach badge during the week.
The water has been very chilly, in the 60s, so I have done no more than put my toes in the water. There has generally been a nice breeze that keeps the heat at bay.
The boardwalk is open for the season with hot dogs, French fries and sugary snacks. Restauranst offer great fare in open air seating. The boardwalk and Asbury Park in general have popped back to life. There are several choices for dinner, lunch or snacks.
Stella Marina, Langosta Lounge and McCloone’s Supper Club offer a variety of upscale dining choices. We generally opt for the quick lunch at Mayfair Grill and Pucker. Pucker has great homemade lemonade and fresh “beach” fries.
There is no shortage of entertainment in Asbury. The Stone Pony still rocks the night away with contemporary bands and oldies like Peter Frampton and Southside Johnny. The pinball hall of fame offers all-you-can-play pinball for $10 a person. The best entertainment maybe just sitting on a bench and people watching, or if you are up to it, take a walk into Ocean Grove making sure to travel down the side streets to see the beautiful painted ladies, the restored Victorian homes.
I did venture away from the water a few times, visiting Red Bank and the famous Red Restaurant located on Broad Street. I enjoyed appetizers, cocktails and a great hangar steak dinner with old friends!
Don’t let those awful reality shows scare you away from vacationing in NJ. There’s plenty to do and you will never see Paulie D or Vinnie…hopefully!


Feel free to leave comments!

Start Planning Your Vacation Today!
Email: JEGTravels@gmail.com
Phone: 352.556.4437

No comments:

Post a Comment