About Me!

My photo
Welcome! I am Jane-Ellen (JE) I'm a travel agent and I am happy to share with you my love of travel. I am not a journalist, I simply enjoy traveling. My favorite travel destinations are Walt Disney World, Cruises and anywhere on our Harley. My husband, Steve and I are out on our Harley when time, work and weather permit. We try to take weekend trips whenever possible.
Walt Disney World has been a favorite spot to vacation since our first trip in 1983. We have had over 30 weeklong vacations and now living in Florida we visit monthly, although recently I find myself there weekly. Hey I am doing research!
Cruising is another passion. We have been on many cruises, predominately in the Caribbean. A seven day cruise is the best way to really unwind and relax; but if a three or four day cruise crosses our path, we set sail. I am an Accredited Cruise Councilor, and a Certified Travel Councilor. I have the highest level of education from all major cruise lines.
Many clients have asked for insider tips for Disney World and cruising. That is my goal to offer insider information on Disney, Cruises and biking.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Epcot’s International Flower and Garden Festival

Epcot’s International Flower and Garden Festival
Epcot will host the 18th Annual International Flower and Garden Festival March 2, 2011 to May 15, 2011. Located in Epcot’s Future World and World Showcase, the festival will offer guests visual delights with spectacular topiaries, gardens and events that will have a decidedly Disney flair!

Movie ‘Stars’ Galore!
Disney will be promoting new release movies or DVDs in floral splendor. Cars, Toy Story 3 and Winnie the Pooh casts will be on hand, in flowery form, to remind everyone that they have new movies/DVDs to check out.

The main entrance will guests will be greeted by 7-9 foot tall topiaries of Woody, Buzz Lightyear and Lotso (Lots o’ Huggin) Bear of Toy Story Fame. Lotso will have the added touch of fragrance, not just the smell of the flowers but of strawberries. The area located between Future World and The World Showcase will be home to Pooh Bear, Eeyore and Tigger. The characters will be frolicking in the Hundred Acre Wood wildflower display. Cars fans will love seeing Mater and Lightning McQueen under the checked flag in The World Showcase.

The magic is everywhere!
All areas of the park will offer festival magic.  Fairies from Pixie Hollow will host a whimsical play yard for toddlers and small children ages 2-5. The kids can burn off some energy and interact with the Fairies. Innoventions West will be home to Bambi and the Butterfly Garden.  In the area located between the German and Italian pavilions Rapunzel will take up residence.

The Festival Center will offer merchandise for purchase (don’t forget this is Disney!), a stage area for well known gardening experts to offer lectures, an area where Disney horticulturalists offer tips and advice for you to use to in your garden. Attend a few demostrations and it will only be a matter of time until your garden looks like Epcot! 



Special Events around the park
3/25-3/27 Art in the Garden “Plein Air” artists.
4/15-4/17 I Dig Bugs
4/29-5/1 Fresh from Florida farmers market
TBA Disney Pixar Celebration


Flower Power Concert Series
Each weekend during the festival the American Gardens Theatre in The World Showcase flashes back to the 60’s 70’s and 80’s with the sounds from back in the day.  These wonderfully reminiscent concerts can be seen three times a night, 5:15pm, 6:30pm and 7:45pm.

Here is the scheduled line up (subject to change):


Date
Performer
Known For
March 4 to 6
Jose Feliciano
Light My Fire
March 11 to 13
The Guess Who
American Woman
March 18 to 20
Chubby Checker and the Wildcats
The Twist
March 25 to 27
Melissa Manchester
Don't Cry Out Loud
April 1 to 3
Starship starring Mickey Thomas
We Built This City
April 8 to 10
Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr.
You Don't Have to be a Star (to be in My Show)
April 15 to 17
Juice Newton
Queen of Hearts
April 22 to 24
Ricky Nelson Remembered featuring The Nelsons
Poor Little Fool
April 29 to May 1
Paul Revere & The Raiders
Good Thing
May 6 to 8
Davy Jones
I'm a Believer
May 13 to 15
Herman's Hermits starring Peter Noone
I'm Henry VIII, I Am


Start Planning Your Vacation Today!
Email: JEGTravels@gmail.com
Phone: 352.556.4437

No comments:

Post a Comment