About Me!

My photo
Welcome! I am Jane-Ellen (JE) I'm a travel agent and I am happy to share with you my love of travel. I am not a journalist, I simply enjoy traveling. My favorite travel destinations are Walt Disney World, Cruises and anywhere on our Harley. My husband, Steve and I are out on our Harley when time, work and weather permit. We try to take weekend trips whenever possible.
Walt Disney World has been a favorite spot to vacation since our first trip in 1983. We have had over 30 weeklong vacations and now living in Florida we visit monthly, although recently I find myself there weekly. Hey I am doing research!
Cruising is another passion. We have been on many cruises, predominately in the Caribbean. A seven day cruise is the best way to really unwind and relax; but if a three or four day cruise crosses our path, we set sail. I am an Accredited Cruise Councilor, and a Certified Travel Councilor. I have the highest level of education from all major cruise lines.
Many clients have asked for insider tips for Disney World and cruising. That is my goal to offer insider information on Disney, Cruises and biking.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

HOG Ride
Saturday January 22, 2011

Speckled Butterbean Restaurant

It was a chilly morning by Florida standards but then again, it’s been a cold winter. It was 54 degrees when we headed out to Crystal River Harley to start our ride. In the 30 minutes it took to head up 19 to the dealer, it dropped to 48 and the wind started to kick up. I stayed nice and warm though, my daughter Kristy was visiting, so I drove the ‘Ladies of Harley vehicle’, taking lots of pictures along the way. 

It was “kick stands up” at 10:00 am for our 14 riders and with Steve as road captain we headed out to Webster and the Speckled Butterbean.  The cold weather was not a deterrent, everyone was decked out in leathers, and some had heated vests to ward off the chill.  We snaked around the winding back roads, the Spanish moss waving in the wind, through Citrus, Hernando and Sumter Counties.

We arrived at 11:30 and enjoyed a delicious homemade buffet of all the country favorites, mash potatoes, fried okra, fried chicken, meatloaf, salads and ice cream and cobbler for dessert. 

Our HOG chapter loves to eat and all our rides seem to begin or end with food or at least ice cream! We had a great time with great people and look forward to our next ride.




Start Planning Your Vacation Today!
Email: JEGTravels@gmail.com
Phone: 352.556.4437

No comments:

Post a Comment