About Me!

My photo
Welcome! I am Jane-Ellen (JE) I'm a travel agent and I am happy to share with you my love of travel. I am not a journalist, I simply enjoy traveling. My favorite travel destinations are Walt Disney World, Cruises and anywhere on our Harley. My husband, Steve and I are out on our Harley when time, work and weather permit. We try to take weekend trips whenever possible.
Walt Disney World has been a favorite spot to vacation since our first trip in 1983. We have had over 30 weeklong vacations and now living in Florida we visit monthly, although recently I find myself there weekly. Hey I am doing research!
Cruising is another passion. We have been on many cruises, predominately in the Caribbean. A seven day cruise is the best way to really unwind and relax; but if a three or four day cruise crosses our path, we set sail. I am an Accredited Cruise Councilor, and a Certified Travel Councilor. I have the highest level of education from all major cruise lines.
Many clients have asked for insider tips for Disney World and cruising. That is my goal to offer insider information on Disney, Cruises and biking.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Emeralde Grande Resort Florida State HOG Rally


Florida State HOG Rally
We set out for Destin Florida early on Tuesday October 19, 2010. We met up with the rest of our riding group at Crystal River Harley Davidson. Kick stands were up at 8 am sharp on this chilly (for Florida) morning. We headed north up Rt. 19/98 for an hour and stopped for a quick breakfast. (you will notice a pattern here). Hopped back on the bikes and drove up to the panhandle, stopping for gas once and then onto a great lunch on the water in Apalachicola. After lunch we headed west on 98 arriving in Destin just in time to check in and plan dinner!
The Emeralde Grande Resort was headquarters for all the fun and festivities at the Florida State Harley Owners Group Rally. The resort has beautifully appointed units with up to 4 bedrooms. We shared a 4 bedroom unit that over looked the inlet and the marina. We spent most of our time on the balcony admiring the view.
The balcony also afforded us the best seat in the house for the events held there. We were near the main stage. We spent most evenings enjoying the bands and hanging out. One of the favorites was Long-Reef a group from Australia, they play Destin and vicinity year round. Check them out on Facebook.
We enjoyed beautiful rides along the gulf near Ft. Walton Beach and Pensacola. The water and beaches looked sparkling clean. We did not see one hint of oil on any beaches. We did see cleanup crews ready and waiting should a speck of oil appear on the pristine white sand or in the water.
We had an airshow almost every day with the fighter jets flying over. The rally committee made arrangements for a group of private pilots to give us a show in their vintage WWII planes. That was one of the highlights of the trip.
The Emerald Grande was a great place to stay, in the heart of Destin and the Rally was a great time. We are happy to go back next fall again.

No comments:

Post a Comment