About Me!

My photo
Welcome! I am Jane-Ellen (JE) I'm a travel agent and I am happy to share with you my love of travel. I am not a journalist, I simply enjoy traveling. My favorite travel destinations are Walt Disney World, Cruises and anywhere on our Harley. My husband, Steve and I are out on our Harley when time, work and weather permit. We try to take weekend trips whenever possible.
Walt Disney World has been a favorite spot to vacation since our first trip in 1983. We have had over 30 weeklong vacations and now living in Florida we visit monthly, although recently I find myself there weekly. Hey I am doing research!
Cruising is another passion. We have been on many cruises, predominately in the Caribbean. A seven day cruise is the best way to really unwind and relax; but if a three or four day cruise crosses our path, we set sail. I am an Accredited Cruise Councilor, and a Certified Travel Councilor. I have the highest level of education from all major cruise lines.
Many clients have asked for insider tips for Disney World and cruising. That is my goal to offer insider information on Disney, Cruises and biking.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Osborne Family Lights at Disney Hollywood Studios

Osborne Family Spectacle of the Dancing Lights
Jennings Osborne of Arkansas wanted to make his daughter happy, so he decorated their property for Christmas. Year after year he added lights, music and animation. Finally the neighbors had enough and Mr. Osborne donated everything he had to Disney World.

The display first ran on the Residental Street of the Backlot Tour. When that was being renovated, the light spectacular was moved to its current home on the American Street. The lights are timed and set to music, changing with each carol that plays. If you look hard you will see it snowing too!

Make sure to pay close attention to the windows and sidewalks, you will see hidden Mickey's, the hidden cat and you might just locate the famous leg lamp from Christmas Story.












Santa was not located at Hollywood Studios but at the boat ramp at The Swan and Dolphin. He looks great! So Florida-ish!

No comments:

Post a Comment